As featured in Signature Kitchens and Baths, Winter 2010
McAllen, Texas: Spacious Kitchen remodel makes all the difference for this family.
When this young family in McAllen, Texas, purchased their 1960s home, it was because they loved the area and the mother had actually grown up in that very home. She had great childhood memories there, including ones of her own mother cooking in the home’s small galley kitchen. But the family knew it was time to create new memories—in a new kitchen.
This small galley kitchen was secluded from the breakfast and dining areas, making it difficult to cook and converse with the children at the same time. Planning to stay in this home for a long time, they decided to make the investment in a remodel. So they called on Mary King of Signature Kitchen and Bath (SKB) of McAllen.
SKB designed the new space, helping the customer visualize the drastic changes through 3D CAD rendering. Tackling the one major challenge, SKB combined the small kitchen and dining area to create a large, beautiful kitchen with a spacious island, where the family enjoys breakfast and casual dinners. The breakfast area was turned into the dining area, now close to the kitchen but not secluded.
The family now enjoys cooking together and entertaining in their beautiful, comfortable kitchen, which marks a new beginning in a long-loved home.
Signature Kitchen and Bath of McAllen
6500 N. 10th St., Suite U
McAllen, TX 78504
Spacious island, breakfast area
New Room Dimensions:
13’ x 24’
Fine Products Used in this Project:
- Cabinetry: Medallion Cabinetry
- Flooring: Amtico International teak
- Countertops: Giallo Vinenza granite
- Sink(s): Kohler executive chef sink in cast iron
- Faucet(s): Kohler Simplice with pull-out spray
- Cooktop: KitchenAid Architect Series II
- Oven: KitchenAid True Convection System Architect Series II
- Refrigerator: KitchenAid Architect Series II
- Dishwasher: KitchenAid
- Lighting: Task Lighting under cabinet and recessed
- Hardware: Hardware Resources